Re: New Purchase

Brubaker, John wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I know this isn't Scirocco related, but I want to know if anyone has
> or has driven a 1997 GTI VR6?

John, I have driven a GTi VR6 extensively in performance situations
throughout the Summer, and you are right on the money.  Save money on
motor mods, get some springs and shocks, and you've got a heck of a
car.  Get swaybars last as part of your suspension, as you won't know
what you'll need until you see what the shocks & springs do for your
roll rates. Don't like the cable shifter, but it will do if you're
patient.  A great car and a lot of fun to drive.

Jim Buck
1997 GTi VR6 driving results:
2nd place time G-Stock at Waterfest (exhibition only)
1st place and Fastest Time of the Day at The Great Canadian Bugshow