Re:New Purchase

Someone was asking for impressions of the '97 GTI (VR6).....

I took one for a test drive a few weeks back while shopping for  a car for my
girlfriend. Great power, smooth ride, though front heavy (duh). I would
immediately do the swaybar/tiebar upgrades to help.

Its smooth power delivery, as well as ride comfort are definately a plus: I
looked down and was doing 80mph before I knew it! Especially relative to the
Scirocco.....

My only complaint about the GTI, is its cost. Its right up there with the
Jetta GLX. Maybe only 2 or 3 grand cheaper. If you're going to spend that
money, get the bigger car. I guess, though, that it really depends on what you
want out of your car: The GTI will obviously be a "racer" much more readily
than the Jetta. That sacrifices space, and some luxury.

Rich
'87 16v