FUBA and Leather Shift Boot...

I'm interested in installing a Fuba antenna on my 8v 'rocco.  Sorry if this
was discussed recently, but what is involved in doing this procedure and
what is the difficulty??  I realize I will be drilling a hole into my roof
- is there any leak problems involved with this?  Also, once I remove my
old antenna on the front quarter panel, does the Fuba kit come with a plug
to cover the hole, or is there another way to plug this?

I've seen many different brands/prices for these Fuba style roof antennas.
Is one better than others based on price?

Also in need of leather shift boot.  Anyone know where to get one for under
$30?

Thanks,

Kris
1986 8v