Re: FUBA and Leather Shift Boot...

On Sun, 05 Oct 1997 23:15:04 -0400 Kris Tewkesbury
<tewkes@engin.umich.edu> writes:
>I'm interested in installing a Fuba antenna on my 8v 'rocco.  Sorry if
this
>was discussed recently, but what is involved in doing this procedure and
>what is the difficulty??

Its as simple as following the directions that come with the fuba.

>I realize I will be drilling a hole into my roof
>- is there any leak problems involved with this?

Not at all. There is an oring type seal thats a part ofthe antenna mount.
it does a great job sealing the roof. I worried aboutthis but decided to
leave it as it was and if it leaked I would simply fill the hole with
silicone and let dry. So far, so good.

>Also, once I remove my
>old antenna on the front quarter panel, does the Fuba kit come with a
plug
>to cover the hole, or is there another way to plug this?

Theres no plug, but I think they should include one. The dealer has them
for about a buck or less, maybe? I forgot how much they cost but its not
much. One of the rare cheap items from the dealer.

>I've seen many different brands/prices for these Fuba style roof
antennas.
>Is one better than others based on price?

Only one as far as ive seen, FUBA Beta D. I believe this is the amplified
version, I forget. I cant really compare since I have never had the other
version. Maybe its not much but HTH anyways!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and