Re: Which will provide more power?

>     on the chip issue... did you mean to say "in my opinion" ??   and the
>last time I remember Autothority sold chips for 16V

Motronic 16vs, which never came from the factory in the Scirocco.  This is
a Scirocco mailing list, which is why I brought it up.

>      titanium billets??  it's well known that the exhaust cam on a 16v is a
>good one and no serious gains are made     and BTW what does between 1000.00
>and 1600.00 mean to you?

You said between 1000 and 1600 for the intake side ALONE.  Maybe it was a
typo?  If someone can find an intake cam for that much $$ I'll shut up...

>      intake manifold   again is this "in YOUR opinion"  ???  define

Yes it is in my opinion.  That piece cost me 500 canadian, and while I may
only be getting 5hp now, I'll be getting a lot more from it when the cams
go in and the head gets done.  Where else can you get bang for the buck
with the 16v?  Once you get past a new muffler, P-Module, K&N, etc etc
you're stuck with either the 2.0 swap (2500CDN) or a set of cams (1500CDN).

> I think your seat of the pants "OPINION"  may have derived the SUPERSPRINT
>HEADER and NO cat   maybe???  hummm

If I could figure out what you were trying to say I'd respond...

>      High octane gas    dude... it's a WELL known fact that the knock sensor
>ignition responds well to higher octane gas     it adjust timing like 7 times

I understand how a knock sensor works but the way you put it sounded like
if I ran 150 octane the ignition would advance to +60BTDC and I'd get 40hp.
What I was trying to say is that unless your motor is getting REALLY hot,
hot enough that it started knocking even with 92 oct, going to 94 would not
get you 'noticable' hp.  Again if you can prove me wrong with dyno results
or acceleration times I'll shut up.

And I asked you to say 'in my opinion' because your whole post was put
together from hypothetical engineering and numbers pulled out of the air.
The only reason I responded in the first place was because you put them
forward as fact.  There's too many myths floating around the net as is....