Re: Which will provide more power?

>what about the power modules that increase fuel mixture at
>fullthrottle..should one install this and a chip? or one or the

You have no choice :).  If you stay with CIS-E, you can't use a chip.  If
you do the Motronic conversion (it's questionable whether this is worth the
time/expense, btw) you can use a Neuspeed/AMS whatever chip but you can't
use the P-Module.

>yeah i was thinking of this..but can't you also just get a 2.0L
>bottom end and install that,as the 1.8 head is one the best flowing
>heads out there..I've always been told to stick with the 1.8head as

I think it works out about the same price-wise but if you buy the parts
from TT you have to pull your block, send it in for the work, then
re-install everything X number of days later.  Buy a 2.0 block and the swap
can be done in a day.

> i've also heard that all you need to do is replace the
>intake cam,as the exhaust is already perfect..i've even heard rumors
>of using an exhaust cam for the intake? as the exhaust is supposidly
>the eurospec.

Never heard of switching the cams around but I doubt it would work all that
well, I think the profiles are too different.  You're right, the exhaust
cams in Europe are the same as over here; so you can call ours eurospec if
you want :).
As for only upgrading the intake side, yes you can get away with it, but
you won't get all the benefits of the intake cam without a comparable
exhaust cam working the exhaust side....it's a little like getting a set of
272s and using them with a stock exhaust.

>hrm..then how can you justify the hp on a eurospec 1.8L, they have
>like +12 hp more stock than we do. those euro intakes are HUGE

The differences AFAIK between the 123 we get and the 139 they got were the
intake manifold, the intake cam, and the cat (they didn't have one).  Fuel
injection was different too but I don't know if that affected power output
or not.

HTH!