Re: Which will provide more power?

>the most cost effective way to get more HP if you are currently "bone stock"
>is a complete exhaust like from Techtonics  (used them for years ...good
>stuff for the money)   this , accompanied with a K&N filter will yield around
>8-10 HP .

Sez who?  Techtonics had EC do a report on their then-new stainless 2.25"
system for the Scirocco, and included dyno reports.  Read the fine print.
The 9hp they gained was from their 2.25" cat-back system, AND their new
downpipe with 'high-flow' cat, AND a euro intake cam!  Read my lips: you
will NOT get big power from going to a TT exhaust on the 16v!!!!  If you
phone TT, they will tell you they can't guarantee any power gains from
their hi-flow cat, BTW.

>     Next you could get a chip from a "reputable tuner" to enrich the fuel at
>high rpm   with this you might see 2-5 HP at like 6500 rpm   don't expect
>much.

The only company that offers a 'chip' for the CIS-E 16v is Superchips, and
they are certainly not reputable.

>    Camshafts are pricey for these cars   between 1000.00 and 1600.00 just
>for the intake    you'll not see a huge difference   like maybe 6-8 HP   not
>much for all the $$$  huh?

Well if you want it ground from a titanium billet then it might cost you
that much for just one of them.  Look in EC.  *SETS* of Schricks, any
duration you want, are in the 1100US range.

>    And just don't even bother with the "Euro" intake manifold   your engine
>is a "Breather"  and unless you plan on cruising at 120+ mph on the
>interstate you'll never even know you put it on your car     this is why it

Have you got one?  I do, and I say it gives noticable power from about 4500
on up with stock cams and a Supersprint header w/no cat.

>     two more tips for the 16V dude.......always use the highest octane gas
>  this allows your "Knock Sensor" ignition to advance itself more   giving

So you'd have us waste money filling our tanks with 94 octane to see
questionable power gains in only a few special situations?

>      write me back if you need more help    I frickin' love to talk about
>VW's   !!!!    Later

So do I but you should, at least, qualify these kinds of statements with
"in my opinion".