Re: Weekend update: Stolen 16V recovered!

>the manifold?  Damn Greg, I'd make sure that your baby gets a THOROUGH
>look over.  Christ knows what else those butchers could have done...

When mine got kidnapped the rims etc got taken, and the jokers jacked the
car up *under the floorpan*.  I guess it was too much to ask for them to
use the VW-approved jack points :).  Anyway this was a pain in the ass to
get repaired properly through the insurance company, even though my
adjustor was a very cool guy and estimated 8 hours for the job.  Helps to
have a good body shop.

>	BTW, did the cops get prints??  C'mon, tell me that you'll be able to
>look the chump in the eye before you steal his last breath...hehe
>bastards..

Cops won't waste their time dusting unless there's some other factor
involved, like if the car was used in some other crime.  It's very
difficult to get a conviction based on prints (circumstantial), and half
the time the perpetrators are young offenders and can't be prosecuted
properly anyway!

I'm glad you got your 16v back Greg!