Re: Weekend update: Stolen 16V recovered!

Greg Schilhab wrote:

> YEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
>
> Just got a call from the cops that my 16V (missing for 3 weeks) was
> found! Raced over to the impound and sure enough there it was, wet and
> shivering in the back of the muddy lot but still among the living. It was
> found behind a slaughterhouse on Keele St about a mile from Hayman motors
> hmmmmmmmmmm....  A preliminary check of the customization:

	Congratulations!

> Stripped:
>
> Momo Porsche wheel
> Momo shifter
> Alpine stereo
> power locks
> All outer 16V badges (okaaaaay...)

	Heartbreaker...

> Demo'd:
>
> manifold cracked
> parking brake lever torn off
> scrape: rear right quarter
> ding: rear left quarter

	???They cracked the manifold?  Intake?  Exhaust?  HTF did they crack
the manifold?  Damn Greg, I'd make sure that your baby gets a THOROUGH
look over.  Christ knows what else those butchers could have done...

> Things amazingly enough _not_ taken:
>
> Plates!
> BBS rims
> Insurance & ownership papers
> Mont Blanc pen in ashtray
>
> Pretty bad but not the sorry wreck I was expecting. Other than that she's
> seems okay, thank God. Thanks to everyone on the list for their support
> and sympathy during 3 bleak sciroccoless weeks. Its time to make my
> insurance co. assume the position so this baby can get back on the road.
>
> How it was done: Beware your sciroccos people, the world's easiest car to
> steal. From the evidence it went something like this.
>
> Tools: one Phillips head screwdriver, one paperclip.
>
> a) Unscrew 2 screws holding lower steering column housing (20 seconds)
> b) locate armoured ignition housing ( 2 seconds)
> c) yank UNARMOURED SOCKET out of the back of it (1.5 seconds)
> d) stick a freakin' paper clip into two largest plugs in socket till car
> starts (6 seconds)
> e) depress clutch, select "1" on shifter, press accelerator with foot.

	I am very afraid for my Roc...

	Ok, I'm a wondering a little bit here...If these guys were such pros to
make off with your car in such record time, why'd they demo it like
that?  I mean, I can understand if _everything_ was stripped and you
were left with a shell, but they took a coupla little things, and left a
bunch of little things, a f**ked up abunch of other stuff.  I dunno, I'm
kinda miffed about the whole thing.
	BTW, did the cops get prints??  C'mon, tell me that you'll be able to
look the chump in the eye before you steal his last breath...hehe
bastards..

	Anyways, now that you have the beast where it belongs, I can finally
check it out, and run it...and beat it??  Alright ya'll, place your
bets...as soon as springtime hits the fair streets of Toronto, Greg and
I will be lining em up...

	BTW, I took my car for a quick blat around the streets today after
about 3 weeks of storage (with a couple start ups here and there).
Anyways, I've still got a glow on!

		I LOVE SCIROCCOS!

	Hi, my name is Jason, and I'm an addict...Ok, I'm done

jason
the mad bastard