Weekend update: Stolen 16V recovered!

YEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Just got a call from the cops that my 16V (missing for 3 weeks) was
found! Raced over to the impound and sure enough there it was, wet and
shivering in the back of the muddy lot but still among the living. It was
found behind a slaughterhouse on Keele St about a mile from Hayman motors
hmmmmmmmmmm....  A preliminary check of the customization:

Stripped:

Momo Porsche wheel
Momo shifter
Alpine stereo
power locks
All outer 16V badges (okaaaaay...)

Demo'd:

manifold cracked
parking brake lever torn off
scrape: rear right quarter
ding: rear left quarter

Things amazingly enough _not_ taken:

Plates!
BBS rims
Insurance & ownership papers
Mont Blanc pen in ashtray

Pretty bad but not the sorry wreck I was expecting. Other than that she's
seems okay, thank God. Thanks to everyone on the list for their support
and sympathy during 3 bleak sciroccoless weeks. Its time to make my
insurance co. assume the position so this baby can get back on the road.

How it was done: Beware your sciroccos people, the world's easiest car to
steal. From the evidence it went something like this.

Tools: one Phillips head screwdriver, one paperclip.

a) Unscrew 2 screws holding lower steering column housing (20 seconds)
b) locate armoured ignition housing ( 2 seconds)
c) yank UNARMOURED SOCKET out of the back of it (1.5 seconds)
d) stick a freakin' paper clip into two largest plugs in socket till car
starts (6 seconds)
e) depress clutch, select "1" on shifter, press accelerator with foot.

Greg