Re: Weekend update: Stolen 16V recovered!

On Sun, 23 Nov 1997 23:02:33 -0800 Jason Brunberg <stoopid@idirect.com>
writes:
>	I am very afraid for my Roc...

You should be. If they want it, they will get it. Just do everything you
can to ensure it will be there when you get back. Alarms, lights, clamps
on the steering wheel. They don't work. In fact, they make it more work
for you to get in and drive everyday than it will do to stop someone from
stealing your car.

Those items will keep the "G-ride"hunters from your car but if the pro's
want your car, they will simply get it.

So, what to do. I've been hearing alot of ideas of kill switches. That
sounds to me to be the best thing going. If they don't know there is an
extra step required in starting your car, they wont get it started. I
like that idea. So, how to do it?

Hows about a simple button that you will need to press in conjunction
with the key?? Sounds good to me. OK, where do we put it?? Ah, I've got
an idea. How about in the door. Mount it low enough where you will only
access it with your hand, or at least where its not obvious. I think
around the bottom of the speaker in that little pocket area would be a
good location. (I think some carjack alarms have panic buttons that are
mounted there abouts.)
So when you goto start your car, you put the hey in, press the button and
turn the key, it starts. Sounds insanely simple to me. Is it?? They can
rip the crap out of the steering column and ignition switch if they want
to. But it wont start. I really like that.

Comments?? Donations??

>Ok, I'm a wondering a little bit here...If these guys were such pros to
>make off with your car in such record time, why'd they demo it like
>that?  I mean, I can understand if _everything_ was stripped and you
>were left with a shell, but they took a coupla little things, and left a
>bunch of little things, a f**ked up abunch of other stuff.  I dunno, I'm
>kinda miffed about the whole thing.
>BTW, did the cops get prints??  C'mon, tell me that you'll be able to
>look the chump in the eye before you steal his last breath...hehe
bastards..
>	Hi, my name is Jason, and I'm an addick...Ok, I'm done!
>jason
>the mad bastard

I tend to think the fact it wasn't stripped of the more expensive items
that it was stolen by kids. (You know, that g-ride thing.)

They stole the easily taken and carried items. They cracked the
manifold.... ok, they had some fun before they dumped it. again, its
kids.

Oh, I do believe in the death penalty for those who steal cars. If I ever
catch one inside mine. He wont get out alive. He might as well be inside
my house. Its a personal thing.  I have already had one car stolen from
my driveway while I slept.

When they found the car the insurance company totaled it out because
there wasn't much car left. Did the cops take finger prints?? There had
to be a few since the car was a meer chassis. They had to of touched
something.

Not only no, but hell no! Why I asked? Well, it had been found abandoned
and ANYBODY could have touched the car, so we didn't take any finger
prints. Oh, thank you for being worthless. I'll call you again after
somebody has killed me, you'll be as much use to me then too....

Its extremely frustrating to have something you worked so hard for, get
stolen and then the very people you rely on for help seem to do as little
as possible to find your car and find the people that did it and
prosecute them. This is why im all for taking care of it myself next
time.
Bla-bla-bla

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and
http://home1.gte.net/vwfan/meze/hello/