scirocco question

I just bought an '87 scirocco 16 valve and I was told to join this mailing
list for all the best information so I figured that I would ask you all a
couple of question I had about my car, seeing as I'm not in the least bit
a mechanic.
My first question is for some reason my trunk just will NOT open even
though the key will go in and turn, it just won't unlatch itself and lift
up.  If I go inside the car though I mess with the lock from inside the
hatch and I can then get it to pop open, does anyone have any idea what
the problem might be?
My other question is the lever on the driver seat that you pick up to drop
the upper part of the seat and allow people in to the back will not do
anything and I can't fold the drivers seat down.  Is there anyway this can
be fixed easily or is this a difficult project?
My last question is, the drivers side door hydraulic arm that holds the
door open is not working and the door will not stay open unless I hold it
open.  Again is this somethimg easy and cheap that I could do on my own or
is this going to be an expensive project that I'm going to have to have a
professional look at.

I thank you guys for your help,
Rich
1987 scirocco 16v-Black