Windsheild replacement

        I toasted my windsheild over the weekend, funny enough it wasn't
from flying rocks or animal or people, It happened in the process of
installing a new dash.  A long, embarassing, stupid story.

My question is, is there any reason i shouldn't go with the local speedy
auto glass type place, and not factory glass.  I got an estimate, i was
expecting about $500, and they quoted me $180 installed(remember, i'm in
Canada too)

Thats less than my insurance deductable in glass.

What should i do?  any advise would be great.

                        Thanks

                                Owen
                                87 16V