16V thieves

>That sucks . . . makes me think more about getting lo-jack . . .

The cops in TO don't have lo-jack trackers yet so I can't go that route.
What's really fishy about the whole sordid affair is this:
I just had the engine rebuilt by Hayman Motors in Toronto, one of the
biggest independent VW shops in the city. Family run for 20 years etc.
They had my keys, and my address on the work order. A week after the work
was done and my car was in pristine condition it disappeared. I called in
a stolen report and the cops for some reason (known only to themselves)
visited Hayman motors looking for it. What they found in the warehouse
was shocking. Turns out that this was the biggest VW chop shop ever
busted in the city. As soon as I heard I got on my bike and rode 20 miles
to see if my poor car was there. Picture this sad sight: I arrived and
saw A MOUNTAIN of chopped up Sciroccos, Corrados, GTI's and Jettas
scattered like popcorn on the boulevard. (total # of cars over 100!) They
were totally stripped and the bodies cut with acetylene torches first in
half then in quarters. Each chunk was scrawled on with a grease pencil
with VIN numbers and the word "stolen" by the cops. I saw rows of VR6,
16V and 8V engines, about twenty catalytic downpipes, rows of leather
recaros. Sad to say I could'nt see my 'rocco although I saw some
sickening sights of other peoples' there. Eleven employees (basically
everyone there) are now in metro west detention centre but the chief
scumbags Gordon Hayman, his brother and sister made bail. Turns out these
jerk-offs were actually stealing the VWs of people who brought them in
for service at his quasi-legitimate front end shop operation.  The cops
said he was shipping these parts Worldwide for 10 years, and he has other
properties and warehouses they havn't yet searched. I'm expecting that my
scirocco will be found in 4 shish-kabob chunks in a few weeks.

Hope I did'nt ruin anyone's lunch but I just had to vent.

Greg