RE: What did YOU do...

OK, Brett - Here's my list:

Starting in January 1997:

* Installed 1.8 JH motor from 88 Cabriolet (Along with:)
* 268* Cam
* 16v Throttle Body
* S&S Header
* K&N Filter
* New Clutch, timing belt, cap, rotor, and rest of usual suspects...
* Ran around to different junkyards searching for correct hall sender
connector
* Installed Alpine CD Player, front speakers
* Ran the wire from alternator housing to negative battery post, increasing
voltage nicely! (do this if you haven't yet!)
* Custom 2" Exhaust - Dynomax muffler, cherry bomb glass pack, 2" chrome
tip (no coffee can for me! No sirree!)
* Updated front brakes to vented rotors, metalmaster pads
* Installed new drivers front wheel bearing
* Installed new passenger side CV (Twice, after the crappy clamp went after
a week!)
* Installed 16v Leather interior
* Fixed leaky front window seal (also dried out assorted relays and fuses)
* Installed 16v dash
* Installed NEW Neuspeed front upper stress bar
* Installed Hella H4 lights
* Installed Neuspeed 25mm rear bar
* Purchased new ball joints, new front bushings (OEM) Neuspeed 22mm front
bar (to be installed soon, I think)
* Installed 16v Rear axle, disc brake kit
* Installed polyurethane rear axle bushings
* Installed S/S brake lines all 'round, flushed with Castrol GTLMA DOT 4
fluid
* Installed (another) new rotor/cap (after only 10 months!)
* Purchased new rad. cap (yippee!)
* (Finally) drilled out airbox, now intake noise matches exhaust noise)
* Installed new (rebuilt) water pump/thermostat (in the dark, on Monday)
* Numerous oil changes, as the weather warmed, the 10w30 proved to be a
little thin.
* Changed assorted hoses throughout the year

Next year:

* New wheels/tires (currently running 175/70/13 Cheeseball brand)
* Paint & body work (It's just OK now, but every time I look at Shawn's
car, I get an itch to do mine...)
* (Maybe) Shave head, install knock box
* New springs (I'm running Boge Turbogas & Suspension Techniques right
now...)
* Run through emissions testing (God help me!)

There may be more to add, when I look at my journal at home. Since our
server is fried here at work (thanks again Mannix!) I'm typing this up here
(actually, the boss is away, and I plain & simple don't feel like working!)

Although it's not the end of the year yet, perhaps now would be a good time
to thank all of you guys anyway. I've been subscribing to the list for
nearly a year now, and I think that my knowledge of my car and how it
works, and how to make it work better has increased exponentially since
joining. THANKS GUYS!

Brett - I think that my wife feels exactly the same way, but it's still
cheaper than the payments and depreciation were on her (now sold) 95 Mazda
(shudder!) 323 (I was out of town when she bought it... sheesh!) Lots more
fun, too!

Take care,

Greg.
82 Scirocco 1.8 JH