Re: 16V thieves

Greg schilhab wrote:

> >That sucks . . . makes me think more about getting lo-jack . . .
>
> The cops in TO don't have lo-jack trackers yet so I can't go that route.
> What's really fishy about the whole sordid affair is this:
> I just had the engine rebuilt by Hayman Motors in Toronto, one of the
> biggest independent VW shops in the city. Family run for 20 years etc.
> They had my keys, and my address on the work order. A week after the work
> was done and my car was in pristine condition it disappeared. I called in
> a stolen report and the cops for some reason (known only to themselves)
> visited Hayman motors looking for it. What they found in the warehouse
> was shocking. Turns out that this was the biggest VW chop shop ever
> busted in the city. As soon as I heard I got on my bike and rode 20 miles
> to see if my poor car was there. Picture this sad sight: I arrived and
> saw A MOUNTAIN of chopped up Sciroccos, Corrados, GTI's and Jettas
> scattered like popcorn on the boulevard. (total # of cars over 100!) They
> were totally stripped and the bodies cut with acetylene torches first in
> half then in quarters. Each chunk was scrawled on with a grease pencil
> with VIN numbers and the word "stolen" by the cops. I saw rows of VR6,
> 16V and 8V engines, about twenty catalytic downpipes, rows of leather
> recaros. Sad to say I could'nt see my 'rocco although I saw some
> sickening sights of other peoples' there. Eleven employees (basically
> everyone there) are now in metro west detention centre but the chief
> scumbags Gordon Hayman, his brother and sister made bail. Turns out these
> jerk-offs were actually stealing the VWs of people who brought them in
> for service at his quasi-legitimate front end shop operation.  The cops
> said he was shipping these parts Worldwide for 10 years, and he has other
> properties and warehouses they havn't yet searched. I'm expecting that my
> scirocco will be found in 4 shish-kabob chunks in a few weeks.
>
> Hope I did'nt ruin anyone's lunch but I just had to vent.
>
> Greg

Bogus.

	I wish that I could say that I was surprised, but I guess that I'm not.

	Could you keep us posted on the status of the investigation?  I'm in
the USA, and have recently purchased an 86 S2 16v.  I've started to look
for parts, and wouldn't want to buy from anybody who was affiliated with
these people.

Sorry about your loss,
Lloyd
86 S2 16v