Re: Still overheating

At 11:59 11/13/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I also remember some talk of the cap letting out coolant in the vapor
>phase or something like that...anyone...
>
>Dale
>84 8v thunder (need catalytic converter)

If the cap is working properly, it will vent whenever the pressure in the
system is too high. The vented coolant will probably be in the liquid state
if the system was filled properly and the overflow tank has enough coolant
to replenish the system when the engine cools and tries to suck fluid back
in. If the overflow tank goes empty, you will get air in the system. This is
self correcting if you refill the tank. All bets are off if the head gasket
leaks...

Chuck Kuecker

ckuecker@mcs.net

'83 Scirocco (single wiper!!)