Re: (Fwd) Upgrades

On Fri, 30 May 1997, Kathy Teulie wrote:

> Yes I have had this setup and it does work with 205 55 14 P600 on the stock
> teardrops at 1.5" lowered.
> Several people including New Dimensions told me they had problems and
> recomended 195's. I did not listen to them because I love 205's. I ditched
> my 195's so fast they were spinning when they were no longer on the rims.
> Now I have 205 50 15's D40  M2's at 1.5" lowered. The tire dimensions are a
> bit different brand to brand so you got to watch it.

At least some of the late '80s 16V GTIs came with a 205-55/14 stock
(Pirelli P600) - my business partner had one, and it handled at least
as crisply as my girlfriends G60.  Tire choice might have a lot to do
with this, though.

Kevin Wenzel
1981 VW Scirocco S (w/1.8 JH) - DSP #81 (Blix)
Director of Network Operations, privateI, LLC
http://www.privateI.com/