Re: (Fwd) Upgrades

Message text written by "I.Mannix"
>>1.25" is as low as I would go! The car will have no travel tol if you go
>>lower IMHO. Get stiff shocks.
>> 195/55/14  with the stock 16V wheels is the best combo. 205/55/14 if you
>>don't lower it. Now
>>try to get that size tires. AVS is about it.
>>Doug
>>87 16v silver Scirocco.
>FWIW, 205/55-14 will fit fine on a lowered car.  Limited size/brand
>availability, but it will fit just fine on a non-lowered car.
>Mannix
It'll fit fine on a lowered car, too.

Yes I have had this setup and it does work with 205 55 14 P600 on the stock
teardrops at 1.5" lowered.
Several people including New Dimensions told me they had problems and
recomended 195's. I did not listen to them because I love 205's. I ditched
my 195's so fast they were spinning when they were no longer on the rims.
Now I have 205 50 15's D40  M2's at 1.5" lowered. The tire dimensions are a
bit different brand to brand so you got to watch it.

195/55/14  with the stock 16V wheels is the safe combo for all tire brands.
Limited size/brand availability AYS.

Doug
87 16v silver Scirocco