Re: (Fwd) Upgrades

> 1.25" is as low as I would go! The car will have no travel tol if you go
> lower IMHO. Get stiff shocks.
>  195/55/14  with the stock 16V wheels is the best combo. 205/55/14 if you
> don't lower it. Now
> try to get that size tires. AVS is about it.
>
> Doug
> 87 16v silver Scirocco.

	If you can (read as "If you've got money to burn"), go with adjustable
coilovers.  For example, H&R offers a fully adjustable (height, ride)
suspension package for probably $2000-$2500.  However, you can drop the
car .75" to 3", depending on your present state of mind.  You can also
have it as soft as stock, or hard enuff to rattle your insides into
putty.  As I have mentioned a number of times, Spax is the one I'm
intersted in at the moment.  Apparently they will be releasing a new set
on June 1st.  I am breathlessly awaiting what they have to say.

	At one point a couple of weeks ago, I almost bought a set of Eibachs
that would have lowered my car 1.8", and then would have settled at 2".
Almost everyone I have talked to say that Eibach offers a 1.3" drop, but
not a 1.8".  I dunno, but this is what the guy told me was on a Scirocco
out in his lot.

	To all you in the romping about in the fields of knowledge, a friend of
mine told me that when he had his engine swapped in his Accord last
year, he had to get his driveaxel(s) lengthened.  Supposedly, if you
drop your car a certain distance, the CVs get worn out REAL quick.  He
told me i could do this as well, and by doing so, wouldn't have any
trouble dropping my car past the 2" mark.  Comments?  Concerns?
Opinions?

jason
87 16V