odometer help!!

I have been having a odometer problem on my car for quite some time now,
and I have brought this up before.

My odometer randomly decides to register miles, mostly doesn't register
miles.
I need to try to get this fixed, I am running into huge problems trying to
track miles for trips I take, and business trips as well.  Is there some
bandaid that I could put on it for at least a temp fix?

Any help always appreciated!

Jason RAppaport
1986 8v.

Oh, by the way, I got SMOKED by a 16v on the way to work today....ahhh, I
need to get a 16v!!