Re: Exhaust Suggestions and PSA to 16v owners

At 01:03 AM 5/29/97 -0400, you wrote:
>> Also, depending on where you live, a SS system might be overkill. This
>> year i've installed an alumized system on my GLi to see just how long
>> it does last. So far, so good.

>Again. stock is already stainless

Not always. Since most everybody had bought their Scirocco's used, there is a
good chance that the stock system no longer exists. Therefore, in theory, it
could be a non stainless system, like what was in my GLi and Scirocco.
(Aftermarket stuff) The mufflers are not all SS and from what I understand,
this is what tends to rust out first.

Shawn