Re: Speakers

>Anyone with a few hours of free time on their hands and a few tools
>can do this install themselves. Installing the 5.25" in the stock 4x6
>only requires you to remove the inner door skin (5 min), remove
>the plastic speaker housing, and cut out room to make the wider

How is it mounted?  Does the 5.25 use the same screw locations as the stock
4x6?

>speaker fit. The seperate tweet takes about 5min to poke a hole in
>a prime location on the door panel and screw it in place. then just
>run your speaker wire from the tweet to the dash and reassemble.
>For any competant installer it should take less than 1 hour total
>on each door.

The original poster seemed like a car audio newbie, and I seriously doubt
that someone who had never installed anything like this before could do it
in the same time as a professional installer.  They also may or may not
want to try somethig like this themselves - cutting holes in the door
panels is a one-shot deal.

>Ryan
>--

"Y'all better pay attention, because you can't afford free speech."
					-George Clinton