Re: Speakers

> >Anyone with a few hours of free time on their hands and a few tools
> >can do this install themselves. Installing the 5.25" in the stock 4x6
> >only requires you to remove the inner door skin (5 min), remove
> >the plastic speaker housing, and cut out room to make the wider
>
> How is it mounted?  Does the 5.25 use the same screw locations as the stock
> 4x6?

see my web page under 16v section
http://accomp.com/~ryan/scirocco.html

> >speaker fit. The seperate tweet takes about 5min to poke a hole in
> >a prime location on the door panel and screw it in place. then just
> >run your speaker wire from the tweet to the dash and reassemble.
> >For any competant installer it should take less than 1 hour total
> >on each door.
>
> The original poster seemed like a car audio newbie, and I seriously doubt
> that someone who had never installed anything like this before could do it
> in the same time as a professional installer.  They also may or may not
> want to try somethig like this themselves - cutting holes in the door
> panels is a one-shot deal.

true, thats why I said that it would take a few hours to do, and
a professional it shuold be an hour or under easily. And true, I
hate cuttign holes in stock pieces, heh in my old Jetta GL, I had
cut out 2x3" holes in the door for tweet plate. When I sold the car,
I removed the tweets, glued a piece of cardboard behind the hole and
re-glued the carpet to that cardboard..hehe, looked like a chop job,
but I didn't care, it wasn't my car anymore. And if you mess up
placing the tweet..you can always buy a new inner door skin,they
shouldn't be THAT much seeing any one will fit from any year close
to yours...or you can always just put a sticker over it =] we're just
talking about a small, 3mm hole.

Ryan