Re: Speakers

>Francois St-Amand wrote:
>>
>> I'm planning on buying 2 6" / 9" speakers with incorporated
>> crossovers and tweeters.  Where is the perfect location for the front
>> of the Scirocco?
>>
>> I find that speakers in the door are not a very good idea.  I would
>> prefer on the dash or something.  Anyone has ideas?
>
>I have Pioneers in the doors and have no prob hearing anything...but, to
>each his own.  Where on the dash did you have in mind, if you don't mind
>me asking?
>
>> Also, what brand should I aim for?
>
>I'm a Pioneer woman myself :)
>>
>Steph
>http://www.zianet.com/gills1/
>--

MB Quart rules! You simply cannot beat these speakers. On a less expensive
note, Boston Acoustics makes an excellent 6x9. As far as separates, both
brands are excellent. Check out the Boston Acoustics Rally series for a
great buy.

Check out Boston's Pro Series for competition level quality. MB Quart
products are all comp quality.

If you go the separates route, try not to distance the tweeter too far from
the midrange. You will lose the imaging effects of the speakers. Aim the
passenger door speakers at the driver and vice versa.

MB Quart has kits specially made for VWs.

Regards,
Paul Hanley