Re: (Fwd) Upgrades

>> 1.25" is as low as I would go! The car will have no travel tol if you go
>> lower IMHO. Get stiff shocks.
>>  195/55/14  with the stock 16V wheels is the best combo. 205/55/14 if you
>> don't lower it. Now
>> try to get that size tires. AVS is about it.
>>
>> Doug
>> 87 16v silver Scirocco.
>> --
>
>	If you can (read as "If you've got money to burn"), go with adjustable
>coilovers.  For example, H&R offers a fully adjustable (height, ride)
>suspension package for probably $2000-$2500.  However, you can drop the
>car .75" to 3",

Coilover/adjustable perches do NOT cost $2k.  Hell, Carerra adjustables,
shocks and all, are $1100/4, and that is expensive.  If you have Bilsteins
already, you can put adjustable perches(coilovers) on for less than $200.
I pay $35 per corner for aluminium sleeves/perches/hardware, and $42 per
spring.  $300 in parts, the rears slide right on.  You'd have to go to a
machine shop to get the front perch cut off and a retaining ring installed,
that should cost $100 or less, if you bring them a clean tube.  $400.  Add
a set of Konis, $800.  $800 for adjustable coilovers, all you have to do is
decide spring rates.  2.5" ID springs are easy to come by, they come in ANY
rate, and take minutes to change - no compressor.

 depending on your present state of mind.

Raising/lowering the car with coilovers is actually something of a process,
jacking up, lowering, etc.  The adjustability is not only for ride height,
but to adjust corner weights.

>	To all you in the romping about in the fields of knowledge, a friend of
>mine told me that when he had his engine swapped in his Accord last
>year, he had to get his driveaxel(s) lengthened.  Supposedly, if you
>drop your car a certain distance

Change "car" to "Honda.  The only thing that will suffer from lowering your
car 2" is the handling.  CVs will be fine, although the axle will be close
to some bodywork, which should do nothing but make noise if it hits.

Mannix