Rear shocks lower bolt

Hello people:

I have replaced one shock, but the bolt at the bottom of the other one is
stuck in the rubber. I mean it twists along with the rubber part at the
bottom of the shock.

I have hammered the hell out of the bolt from the inside in hopes it would
begin to push through, but after one hour of that, I gave up. I applied all
of the force necessary to turn it out, but it moves about 1/4 rotation and
then springs back as if it is part of the rubber. Help!!!

Paul Hanley