The $250 conclusion (Re: Help I have a weird problem) if you're interested

Hi. For those that have no time to indulge into details one advice, if
you're car has over 100G, check and replace your ignition coil if you
haven't yet.

Well the solution to my little problem was not weird at all, have I had a
little more experience and knew how to distinguish a week spark from a
strong spark I would've saved my self couple of days of troubleshooting.
What threw me off was that the spark was blue and according to Bentley a
weak spark is yellow. Well this one was deep blue but weak, too weak to
start a car  due to weak ignition coil. In turn the spark plugs had to be
replaced as well (weak spark floods the cylinder with gas, destroys the
spark plugs). Now the culprit that shut off my car occasionally and
temporarily was none else but the HAL sender in the distributor  (or the
pick up coil as some call it). The final prize goes to  Paul Krucke who was
the first to respond to both of my posts concerning the problem and was
precisely right all along. If I'm forgetting someone please except my
apologies. BTW Paul, I got the HAL sender for less than $100.

Thank you all who wrote to me so much, without your help I would never have
found the courage to start taking things apart (this is the first time I'm
actually unscrewing nuts under the hood).

I suspect that all the mentioned problems were caused by the damn ignition
coil that was simply getting old and was destroying everything on it's
path. So the moral of the story is: Gentlemen, check your coils!

Yours:

Leo