Re: Rear shocks lower bolt

Paul Hanley wrote:

> Hello people:
>
> I have replaced one shock, but the bolt at the bottom of the other one
> is
> stuck in the rubber. I mean it twists along with the rubber part at
> the
> bottom of the shock.
>
> I have hammered the hell out of the bolt from the inside in hopes it
> would
> begin to push through, but after one hour of that, I gave up. I
> applied all
> of the force necessary to turn it out, but it moves about 1/4 rotation
> and
> then springs back as if it is part of the rubber. Help!!!
>
> Paul Hanley

Hi,

getting mine off was just as fun... we tried  wacking it, twitsting it,
used a compressed air impact hammer and it still didn't move!! finally
we cut the the bottom of the shock off with a saw. once the shock was
removed, we cut the bolt off with a torch.

Nigel Heron.
86 Scirocco 8v
Montreal, Canada.