Re: Cooling fan problems (again)

I had a the same problem in my 16v Scirocco.  I double checked all the
wiring, the fan relay, jumped the switch to test the fan, and replaced the
actual switch.

None of this solved the cooling problem I was having.  The car would not
overheat while sitting on the driveway, but when driving in traffic (it
sucks in Columbus) it would overheat.  The only thing I could do was turn
on the AC to full & force the cooling fan to run at High speed.  Since my
AC doesn't work the fan cooled the car pretty well.

The real problem I had was a large air bubble caught in the radiator.  I
flushed my cooling system and refilled it from both the overflow reservoir
and the top radiator hose.  Use a funnel and a piece of hose to fill the
radiator, and take yout time.  If you pour it in to fast it just runs outs.

My car has not overheated since.  It might be worth noting that I never
have had this problem with my 8v.

Alan