Re: Allignment Sham DOH!

Why, oh why did I not think to check around and see what the
recommended specs are for lowering springs.  My scirocco rides like a
dream on the factory specs on an alignment I DID MYSELF!  I worked
at a VW dealership last summer and it was about mid summer that they
got a nice new computerized alignment rack.  Being the computer whiz
I am, I watched a few alignments that were done and helped on a
couple.  They are so simple to do, especially with a computer screen
giving you step by step instructions.  And the cool thing is that you
can set it on a very sensitive mode which is what I did for my car
when I brought it in after work and did a 4-wheel alignment.  I was
impressed that the other mechanics did do a nice alighment and got it
very close to specs but I took the extra 1-2 hours to make it
perfect.  result:  Very smooth ride, no pull.  Haven't tried racing
it yet but that will be soon.
Ben
bbeacock@uoguelph.ca

PS: I could have set my alignment to WHATEVER I wanted. But I can't
do anything like that anymore cause I don't work there this summer.
(maybe, if I don't find a job)