short shift shaft

I cut off about 6" of my shiver shaft...probably 1/2" too much but I
definitely love the new shift feel, instead of traversing all over
the darn place with the stock shift knob height, it's now like a
Corrado..this with a short shift kit is going to be great! Plus is
looks 10x better and make the car seem roomier.

I can understand VW in placing the knob up high as the base of the
shifter is not ata very reachable place unless you have long arms,
but I don't mind leaning in to the right just a hair to shift.

I don't know why I didn't do this sooner..oh yes I do, didn't have a
saber saw till today.

Ryan Schuermann
'87 16v Scirocco
'86 8v Scirocco Rieger GTO/Comp