Re:Dead clutches!

>PS---hey guys on the list...helped a friend with this BEAUTIFUL 87 16v
>rocco today....85k on it, original clutch, or what was left of it...only
>black dust and the center piece were left.....never seen a clutch that
>completely decintegrated before.......oh well...He's gonna sell this car
>after we get done with the clutch and other little things(window motor,
>sunroof...) If you guys know of anybody that is looking for an immaculate
>16v let me know....

I had a buddy who owned a diesel rabbit pick up truck.  This guy lived on a
farm and would use this truck to pull everything.  He used to hook it to
huge haywagon and give hayrides to around 30 people at a time.

The little truck took this for a couple of years before it exploded its
clutch.  When I took it apart there was only about a 2" diameter section of
it left mounted to the input shaft of the tranny.  The rest of it had
shattered and was laying in the bottom of the bell housing!!

Alan