Re: Exhaust Leak!

kdbinney@juno.com wrote:

> I agree with the fella who said put your cat back on.  It really is a
> waste to take it off.
>
> Kyle
>
> On Mon, 5 May 1997 19:18:32 +0000 "Francois St-Amand"
> <vwfrank@mail.geocities.com> writes:
> >Hello everybody,
> >
> >I installed a european exhaust manifold today (4-2) and a cheap
> >downpipe (2-1).  I also removed the cat (don't tell the cops!) and
> >put a straightpipe.
> >
> >They didn't have the straightpipe I needed so I took a normal 2" pipe
> >and a "bushing" (not a flandge) for the 1"5/8 pipe (cat back).  The
> >bushing went in good (a little juggling was needed but I got it in).
> >I put some clamps also, but here is the problem, I get a leak at both
> >ends of the straight pipe. And no noticable power.
> >
> >I fear that I didn't tight those clamps enough, I need a deeper
> >socket.  But does it really have to be squeezed in that much?  I
> >guess I need an impact! No shops will do it for me because I don't
> >have a cat...
> >
> >If I still get a leak after tighting it max, what can I do?  Will I
> >feel more power when the leaks will be fixed?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Frank
> >--

OK this has nothing to do with an exhaust leak..but this is the only way
I can get on this list to you guys.

OK two weeks ago you guys and gals responded to a problem I had with
hesitation..I replaced the fuel filter and my problem went away. 15
minuted ago on the way back from lunch it hesitated again badly.
It is about 90 degrees today but it wasn't that hot when it hesitated
before two weeks ago. The initial hesitation went on every day for about
a week and a half. Now its back..is my filter clogged again..what could
cause this?

HELP>>>gotta have the CAR.

Super M