Exhaust Leak!

Hello everybody,

I installed a european exhaust manifold today (4-2) and a cheap
downpipe (2-1).  I also removed the cat (don't tell the cops!) and
put a straightpipe.

They didn't have the straightpipe I needed so I took a normal 2" pipe
and a "bushing" (not a flandge) for the 1"5/8 pipe (cat back).  The
bushing went in good (a little juggling was needed but I got it in).
I put some clamps also, but here is the problem, I get a leak at both
ends of the straight pipe. And no noticable power.

I fear that I didn't tight those clamps enough, I need a deeper
socket.  But does it really have to be squeezed in that much?  I
guess I need an impact! No shops will do it for me because I don't
have a cat...

If I still get a leak after tighting it max, what can I do?  Will I
feel more power when the leaks will be fixed?

Thanks,

Frank