Re: '85 scirocco

At 11:41 PM 5/13/97 +0800, you wrote:
>On 13 May 97 at 17:09, Dale D. Baker wrote:
>
>> it's actually overheating (blinking light and oil temp 150 C)  I've
>> noticed that the fan doesn't run while the car is running, but after
>> i shut it off (after observing it for 10 minutes at idle).  I had to
>> pull over today and let it cool down after an hour traffic jam.  Any
>> suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

I had a problem similar to this in my 16V right after I got it.  It turned
out to be a large air buble in the cooling system.  I flushed the system
and filled it from the upper hose on the radiator.  This solved my problem.

I was going to change the thermostat also but after I discovered the
inconvient location of the power steering pump I changed my mind!!

Alan