Re: re:Audi ThrottleBody

----------
> From: Richard Fenton <ldfen1@lisco.com>
> To: scirocco-l@privatei.com
> Subject: re:Audi ThrottleBody
> Date: Monday, May 12, 1997 6:26 PM
>
> Will this coversion necessitate honing of the intake manifold at all?
> And one more question, will it work on a 87 16V, well i guess one more
> silly one, the jetta you are borrowing it from-it probably has to be a
> 16V also right.Thanks for your time.

For best results, port-out the manifold and match port the runners. I have
never done this mod to a 16v,  but the results for a 1.6 / 8v can be
dramitic.

My T-Body Mod:
1. Audi 5000s T-body ,  totally rebuilt
2. Linkage from 1.7 VW T-body
3. 1.6 intake, Dremel'ed out and polished baby-ass smooth
4. Match Ported Runners
5. Larger Air-Sensor Plate (thin rim)
6. Re-routed Oil Breather (to 1qt canister)
7. Opened-up Airbox (Drilled, duct cool air with aluminum shroud)
8. Stock filter element

The increase in performance is ................GOOD!

Harry