RE: Wester Rally

>>I thought the original idea was @ 250 mile jaunt.  Let's here what
>>everyone else thinks and I'll see if I can make the trip.  First I
>>gotta fix my RF wheel bearing.  Damn car drives me nuts at times!
>>
>I live in Seattle, and I'd also be up for a shorter trip.  Don't have
>much
>vacation time to burn this year!
>
>Tim

I live in L.A. (Pasadena) and also don't think I can make a long trip
either.  As an alternative or an appetizer to the real rally, is anyone in
the L.A. area interested in spending a day cruising around the Angeles
Crest Highway?  It's pretty long and twisty and a favorite for the sport
bike crowd (car magazines too).  The road which shoots up to Mount Wilson
is very, very twisty.  Not sure how patrolled or safe these roads are,
although I've never seen a cop but maybe that's because I usually go at
night.  You do have to watch out for rock slides and animals and oncoming
cars (why I go at night since the headlights give a few seconds warning
around the corners).  We could throw in some hiking as well.  Any other
good driving roads?

b------