RE: Wester Rally

On 12 May 97 at 18:34, Shawn C. Meze wrote:

> My thinking is that June would be too soon for many people. Talking
> to other possible participants say the same thing and also if we
> decide to actually do this, we can get cheaper hotel rates if were
> gonna gather in SF.

This makes sense to me, except the cheaper motel rates in SF part.
Cheaper compared to where?

> More of my thinking is we do a weekend thing. We leave on a friday
> and come home on a monday. That would leave 2 full days to dork
> around for whatever comes to be. Im looking at a target date of Aug
> (sat)16th-(sun)17th. That would give more time for everybody to plan
> ahead. It would also not demand that we all be there for the whole
> weekend. Hopefully Sunday will be the day were all together for a
> photo shoot, in the least. That would mean those of us working class
> folks would only have to take one day off from work, or burn one
> vacation day.

The 4 day thing is for SD area folks?  From Seattle it's a 2 day
drive.....somewhere from 14 to 16 hours with no stops.  Those of us
up here are looking at 4 days off from work.  I'm not saying it's not
doable, just that a large number of us in this discussion will have
to take off more.  You seem to be forgetting us buddy!  Or id this
just for CA area folks?

> I hope nobody minds, but I sent a message to Tim at ND to see if he
> would be interested in paarticipating in our little gathering. I
> wont say more until he gets back to me on it. Im hoping he will, it
> could really make or break the meet. Its not gonna be easily done.
> Were all gonna have to put an effort into each of us getting there
> to make it happen.

No problem here, but what exactly is the importance of Tim at ND's
presence that requires more effort to be there?  I'm not being smart,
I don't understand the importance of his presence.

> Also, unless somebody else has their heart set on organizing this
> little triade, I volunteer to do whatever it will take to put this
> Scirocco Rally together. Lemme know if you would like me to do this
> or not.

OK by me......you know a lot of the ins and outs of this stuff.

I still can't promise I'll be able to do it, but it sounds like fun
and I'll do my best.

I still am open to a shorter event as was originally proposed.  A
weekend jaunt with fellow Scirocco owners sounds like fun to me.
Right now I'm busy with other things, but after Saturday let's get
serious and see if the Seattle/ Vancouver members want to do
something in June.

Rick
hugacub@whidbey.net
Richard.Lackner@entex.com