re:Audi ThrottleBody

>> Will this coversion necessitate honing of the intake manifold at all?
>> And one more question, will it work on a 87 16V, well i guess one more
>> silly one, the jetta you are borrowing it from-it probably has to be a
>> 16V also right.Thanks for your time.
>
>        Is the Audi throttlebody bigger than the one that came stock on a
>scirocco 16v?  Sorry but I am just tuning in to this string.

The 16V already has a TB with the secondary(larger) valve sized at 52mm,
I'm fairly certain, although I haven't measured mine. The stock 8V uses a
44mm secondary, while the Audi one uses a 52mm secondary. I know these for
certain, measured them myself. I'm pretty sure the only way to get a larger
TB for the 16V is to go with a big bore from Velocity. But I don't think
it'll net much hp. There's other things that need to be improved first.

Brad