RE: Wester Rally

At 10:18 AM 5/12/97 -0700, you wrote:

>>I thought the original idea was @ 250 mile jaunt.  Let's here what
>>everyone else thinks and I'll see if I can make the trip.  First I
>>gotta fix my RF wheel bearing.  Damn car drives me nuts at times!
>>
>I live in Seattle, and I'd also be up for a shorter trip.  Don't have
>much
>vacation time to burn this year!
>
>Tim

My thinking is that June would be too soon for many people. Talking to other
possible participants say the same thing and also if we decide to actually
do this, we can get cheaper hotel rates if were gonna gather in SF.

More of my thinking is we do a weekend thing. We leave on a friday and come
home on a monday. That would leave 2 full days to dork around for whatever
comes to be. Im looking at a target date of Aug (sat)16th-(sun)17th. That
would give more time for everybody to plan ahead. It would also not demand
that we all be there for the whole weekend. Hopefully Sunday will be the day
were all together for a photo shoot, in the least. That would mean those of
us working class folks would only have to take one day off from work, or
burn one vacation day.

I hope nobody minds, but I sent a message to Tim at ND to see if he would be
interested in paarticipating in our little gathering. I wont say more until
he gets back to me on it. Im hoping he will, it could really make or break
the meet. Its not gonna be easily done. Were all gonna have to put an effort
into each of us getting there to make it happen.

Also, unless somebody else has their heart set on organizing this little
triade, I volunteer to do whatever it will take to put this Scirocco Rally
together. Lemme know if you would like me to do this or not.

Shawn