Re: oil pressure light

On Tue, 06 May 1997 14:10:05 -0700 Richard Fenton <ldfen1@lisco.com>
writes:
>Once again my carhas me perplexed, when my oil pressure light/buzzer
>went off about three weeks ago i immediately shut it down and coasted
>the curb where i popped the hood expecting to see my poor engines life
>blood drenching the motor but alas nothing. I checked my oil after
>allowing sufficient time for it drain back into the pan,it was above
>full, i accidentally added too much at last change about half a quart
>too much. So cautiously i started it back up and oil light went out as
>usual. The today the same thing happened and then it went off wihtout
>me
>shutting down the car, it was on for about 30 seconds. Then on the way
>home about 30 seconds after completeing a sharp long fast turn it went
>on again than when i gave it a little gas it shut off. Any ideas
>folks?

I had this happen many times in my '78.  The hard cornering sloshes the
oil away from the sump pickup momentarily.  If the light comes on a few
seconds after exiting the corner I would guess that the oil has a bit of
foam in it.

> how much does a new o2 sensor
>cost if anyone knows? Thanks again guys, and gals.

About $30, for the single wire type used on CIS cars,

>ps i refer to it as a 16volt not because of stupidity but a hick once
>asked me "just how long do dem dere batree powered cars run?(iowa
>remember)

I like that. I'll have to remember that one.

Mike
"so many horsepower, so little time"