Re: oil pressure light

<< Once again my carhas me perplexed, when my oil pressure light/buzzer
 went off about three weeks ago i immediately shut it down and coasted to
 the curb where i popped the hood expecting to see my poor engines life
 blood drenching the motor but alas nothing. I checked my oil after
 allowing sufficient time for it drain back into the pan,it was above
 full, i accidentally added too much at last change about half a quart
 too much. So cautiously i started it back up and oil light went out as
 usual. The today the same thing happened and then it went off wihtout me
 shutting down the car, it was on for about 30 seconds. Then on the way
 home about 30 seconds after completeing a sharp long fast turn it went
 on again than when i gave it a little gas it shut off. Any ideas folks?
 Thanks for the response to my idle prob, how much does a new o2 sensor
 cost if anyone knows? Thanks again guys, and gals.

What year? What weight oil?

Check oil pressure. If okay replace the switches just be sure to get the
right OEM Hella switches or you'll go nuts later.

Steve
MAINElyVW1@aol.com