Re: 1600cc AND MORE TRIVIA

I'm gonna add my $.02 here.  Can we agree this Q&A is limited to cars
sold in USA?

>> Pop-Quiz for the VW Trivia Masters!
>>
>> 1. A general VW Question : What years did the Rabbit come with a
>fuel
>> injected 1.6    and what years did the Cabriolet come with a fuel
>injected
>> 1.6?
>
>Option in late 76, all in 77, 79 , 80 Oh yeh cabriolet's never came
>with
>1.6's only rabbit convertables in 80

My '78 Rabbit was delivered with a 1.6 FI, non-cat !  I think the 1.7
came towards the end of the '78 model year.  I believe my sister's '78
Scirocco had a 1.7, but it may have been swapped.

Most if not all '79 Rabbits (first year of US-built) came with a cruel
joke inside.  The block is the standard 1.6 block, but the crank is a
short stroke piece of $#!+.  The "emissions 1.5" displacement was
slightly less than 1500, but not the same as the '75-'76 1.5.  This motor
also ended up in some early '80 Rabbits.

>> 2. Are the injectors on all 1.6 fuel injector systems the same?
>
>YES!!

You want trivia???

As far as I know, the Scirocco (US sold models, only) was only carbed for
model years '75-'76.  What years was the Rabbit offered in the US with a
carb?  Hint: more than 3.  Name them -- the years, and the carbs.

Mike
"so many horsepower, so little time"