oil pressure light

Once again my carhas me perplexed, when my oil pressure light/buzzer
went off about three weeks ago i immediately shut it down and coasted to
the curb where i popped the hood expecting to see my poor engines life
blood drenching the motor but alas nothing. I checked my oil after
allowing sufficient time for it drain back into the pan,it was above
full, i accidentally added too much at last change about half a quart
too much. So cautiously i started it back up and oil light went out as
usual. The today the same thing happened and then it went off wihtout me
shutting down the car, it was on for about 30 seconds. Then on the way
home about 30 seconds after completeing a sharp long fast turn it went
on again than when i gave it a little gas it shut off. Any ideas folks?
Thanks for the response to my idle prob, how much does a new o2 sensor
cost if anyone knows? Thanks again guys, and gals.

shannon

ps i refer to it as a 16volt not because of stupidity but a hick once
asked me "just how long do dem dere batree powered cars run?(iowa
remember)