Re: FW: Shoot the Dog and Wack the Mole!

I.Mannix wrote:

> >Actually gentlemen, I forwarded this message from my humor mailing list.
> >I've seen postings on here that had absolutely NOTHING to do with
> >Sciroccos and no one's pitched a b*tch before.  For the sensitive folks,
> >ahh well.  For the others....read on.
> >
> >Steph
>
> No, Stephanie, people have complained about posts and language in the past,
> you just have not been around long enough to see it.  Someone will complain
> if you send off color stuff to the list if the list is big enough.  This
> list is small, comparitively speaking, and typically we don't care about
> non-automotive posts, but this really irritated Shawn and I (had no idea
> Shawn felt that way).  So, when you say "for the sensitive folks, ahh well.
> For the others, read on" this implies that you plan on continuing to send
> non *Scirocco* related posts.  That's the point.  SCIROCCO.  Like I said, a
> friend has me on a humor mailing list - he did not hear a word from me when
> I got this one, because it was appropriate, but I did NOT forward it to the
> 3 VW lists I subscribe to, or the autocross mailing list.  I'd bet you can
> guess why.  Bottom line, if you are sending off-topic stuff to a mailing
> list, be prepared like a good boyscout.  If people flame you, don't be
> surprised.  I have seen other stuff you have posted to the list, and it did
> not offend me, so I hit delete (all old jokes, BTW). I found this truly
> offensive, so I let you know.
>
> Mannix

Read my next posting Mannix.  You assumed yet again.  No, I don't plan
to forward more humor to the list.  The message was not forwarded for
humor but to illustrate the stupid things people do and perhaps call
attention to our actions should we find ourselves in a silly situation.
An example to THINK before we act.  If Shawn blew a fuse and wanted to
express himself using expletives in every other word instead of replying
like an adult, that's his business.  I took it with a grain of salt and
moved on, same as I'm doing with this.

Now when you hit on the point about posting only Scirocco related
messages, I've been here long enough to remember a posting concerning go
cart racing.  Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm sure you will, but did
that have anything to do with Scirocco's?  Hmm, I didn't think so but I
found this nifty little key on my computer and just deleted the message.
End of story because you see, had I responded to it and complained, that
would just exaccerbate what we're trying not to do, post irrelevant
comments to the list which is what you're complaining about, isn't it?

Since only a few individuals commented on my lack of sensitivity for
animals, I'm betting a lot more people found that nifty little key I was
talking about.

Steph