Re: Scirocco model info

In a message dated 97-05-02 11:42:57 EDT, chrisg@gforce.com (chris gonzalez)
writes:

<< The identifiable motor parts are: block&head (1.6 stamped), intake/exh.
 manifold, radiator&fan, battery, airflow meter/fuel distributor (I
 though FI didn't come out till '81),manual transmission,cam cover,
 timing belt assy., even a radiator hose (top, I think)... I was
 surprised at the detail.

FWIW,

On the Scirocco, F.I. was available, to the best of my knowledge, as an
option in '77.  After that it was standard on all models.
My $.01.

I'm envious that you have a scale model kit of the Mk1!!!

-dick-
'78 Scirocco
Original Owner