Scirocco model info

I was *pleasantly* surprised to find other people as interested in
model/toy 'roccos as I was!  I think you people are strange (like me);)

ANYWAY

I managed to buy two Mk1 Sciroccos (I have a Mk2, but this was the
closest I could get).

The kit is by AMT/Matchbox and was made circa 1980(?) or thereabouts.
It's pretty cool; you can build either a bone stock 'roc or a racing
version from the same kit!  Comes with flares (very ugly, far from
Zender or BBS styling), BBS wheels, airdam, rollcage(!), recaro seat(!),
racing steering wheel...

The identifiable motor parts are: block&head (1.6 stamped), intake/exh.
manifold, radiator&fan, battery, airflow meter/fuel distributor (I
though FI didn't come out till '81),manual transmission,cam cover,
timing belt assy., even a radiator hose (top, I think)... I was
surprised at the detail.

I am building one kit right now; I was planning on keeping the other (to
collect), but it would be a shame, knowing that there are people on the
list with a Mk1 wanting it :(

My girlfriend wanted it (the model, you sickos ;) She has a Scirocco II
as well, but I didn't know if she was serious or not.

Hmmm...dilemma.  Have to sleep on it.

In the meantime, try posting to the above groups...

Chris Gonzalez
'82 Scirocco/1.8L/GTi trans
'82 Scirocco GL Project car (1.8L turbo/Rieger widebody)
'84 Scirocco parts car (1.8 and trans. going to project)