Re: A bad scirocco day (me too)

Jay Docherty wrote:

> Incase no one knows it I'm trying to sell my 16v.  Today, prior ro
> the horrible snow storn, I had two people that sounded very serious
> about buying the car call and tell me they were coming to see it..  So
> just before 11:00 Am I went out to start it and get it warmed up so
> they could test drive it.
> I haven't driven the car daily for about seven months so the battery
> is a bit dead.  Normally after a little cranking the car starts.  BUT
> today it refused to start.  So I brought over my mk1 to jump start
> it.  It would turn over plenty but still it wouldn't start.  Not
> wanting to destroy the battery in the mk1 I single handed pushed the
> 16v about forty feet closer to my garage so I could hookup a charger
> to the battery.
> Well, I hooked up the charger and still no spark.  It would turn
> over and over but it simply would not start.
> SO I decided to push the 16v up a hill with my mk1 and attempt to
> start the car by poping the clutch.
> Again single handed I put the cars bumper tp bumper and started
> pushing.  Every five feet or so I had would stop to make sure neither
> car was being damaged.
> But just before the crest of the hill my 16v's bumper popped over the
> mk1's bumper.  Not even wanting to see the damage I pulled the mk1
> back down the hill and parked it.  Ran back up the hill and jumped in
> my 16v.  Coasted down the hill and STALLED.
> At this point I was very pissed but I figure things couldn't get much
> worse so I walked over to assess the mk1's damage.
> Two smashed headlights and one cracked grill is the final assessment.
> As things stand right now I have 1 16v that won't start and 1 mk1
> that can't see in the dark.  Not to mention the 6 inches of snow over
> the both of them.
>
> Anyway does anyone know how to tell the difference between the
> european headlights vs the domestic?  I think the previous owner
> might have put the european in.  Thats what I want to replace them
> with.

Sorry to hear about your trouble, but I think  mine is worse. I was
flying down a secluded side road last night and I inched past the stop
sign at the end of the street. I backed up only to see that the person I
almost pulled out in front of was a Cop. I tried to let him go in front
of me but he wasn't buying that one. I pulled out and he followed me for
what seemed like forever before pulling me over.

Its a long story so I'll make it short. It seems I still had a suspended
liscense in SC because I didn't pay some re-instatement fee of $32 What
the fuck? Anyway I was hauled to jail and my liscense is supposed to be
suspended for 6Months. You think thats bad well its worse. I deliver
pizza for a living and I lost my job. Also I had a $304 fee and I'm
totally screwed.

The Cop had the biggest smile on his face while arresting me too. He
made the comments Nice car, I bet this thing will get up and move etc
etc. I really like these cars. Fuck HIM!

I've already sought legal help and this is a technicality and I was told
I shouldn't worry. We shall see. I might go from 16V Scirocco to Moped
real soon though. What hurts is I was going to order the parts for my A1
GTI 16V swap from Mark today but I spent the money on bail.

Such is life.

--
Kevin McGrath
http://www.pelican.net/~kevin