Meze @ Malibu......

Well, our fave list member is visting his family in Longmont, conveniently
25 minutes from Boulder, so Shawn, Kevin and I got together for a little
fun at Malibu.  Grin.  Lets just say that .55 of a second cost Shawn some
nachos and a beer:).  We had a beautiful day, 70 and sunny, not too many
people at Malibu.

 (for those that don't know, Malibu Grand Prix's are commercial go kart
tracks - $20 gets you 11 laps on a very autocrossy "road course."  It is
all against the clock, not wheel to wheel.  Karts are formula car looking
things, 340cc 2cyl, 2 stroke thingys, they have slicks, go maybe 60mph,
umm, independant suspension, disc brakes - pretty cool, really.
Centrifugal clutch, and a brake pedal.  Slow for acceleeration, so the key
is to maintain speed).

So, we took turns in the cars, to equalize the car factor, which can be
huge at MGP - some cars are definetly faster than others.  We found one to
be the fastest, my best in that was a 53.85.  Best ever on that track for
me is a 53.17, so I was driving fairly well, but not to my best
capabilities.  Tenths are huge, FYI.  Kevin never drove the fastest car, he
got a 54.70 three times in a slug of a car.  We'll be going back on
Thursday, weather permitting.

Shawn's best was a 54.40.  Not bad for his first time out on that course.
Not bad at all, but NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!  HAR!  We had a good time, then I
kicked his ass at the video game, too.  Rhar.  So, Shawn.....whadda you
have to say for yourself?  Huh?  Punk?  Can't claim a weight disadvantage,
I've got 80# on you easy (ok, maybe 70).  {never thought I'd see my rather
value sized weight as a good thing;}.  Heh.  A good  time for all, anyone
else coming to Denver?  Bring it on!  RHAR.  Kidding aside, I'm always game
for a quick trip to MGP - decent seat time for not much money.  The cars
understeer horribly, they have lame power, reward tight lines and turning
in WAY early.

OK, TTYS!!!

Mannix